Maple-Pecan Pork Chops Recipe
For a standout short-cut supper, start with this change-of-pace menu served up by our Test Kitchen and guaranteed to make any occasion special. Begin by simmering the luscious Maple-Pecan Pork Chops in apple juice, then drizzle with sweet maple syrup and top with crunchy pecans.
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, pepper and 2 teaspoons syrup. Lightly drizzle over both sides of pork chops.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add apple juice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. Add pecans and remaining syrup to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC