Maple-Pecan Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1. Mix mustard, pepper and 2 teaspoons syrup. Lightly drizzle over both sides of pork chops.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Add apple juice. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Remove chops; let stand 5 minutes, keeping them warm.
Add pecans and remaining syrup to skillet; cook and stir until blended, 1-2 minutes. Serve with pork chops.
Freeze option: Cool pork chops. Prepare maple sauce, but do not add pecans. Freeze pecans and pork chops with sauce in separate freezer containers. To use, thaw pecans; partially thaw pork chop mixture in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 165°. Remove chops to a platter. Add pecans to sauce; serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 pork chop with 5 tablespoons sauce: 657 calories, 41g fat (10g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Pecan Pork Chops
"Our household was split over this one - I didn't like it, I thought it was really blah and tasteless, while my significant other really liked it and even saved the leftover topping for other meats later in the week. The liquid simmered out before I added the maple syrup and pecans, so they were slightly burnt which probably resulted in the sauce not having a great end result, but I don't know if it is something I really want to try again anyway. Will re-review if I do give it another shot."
"I thought this was just ok. Not much flavor and kind of tasted like burnt sugar. Will not make again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.