Maple-Pecan Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, pepper and 2 teaspoons syrup. Lightly drizzle over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add apple juice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Add pecans and remaining syrup to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Maple-Pecan Pork Chops
Sort By :
I thought this was just ok. Not much flavor and kind of tasted like burnt sugar. Will not make again.