- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup, butter, vanilla, salt and pecans. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Maple Pecan Pie
"This one's a keeper! I added 1/2 cup of pecans and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract like some of the other reviewers suggested. I like the change up from normal pecan pie."
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving. I love the flavor!"
"Added 1/2 Cup extra pecans. I'll try omitting the sugar next time because it's quite sweet."
"Absolutely THE best pecan pie recipe out there! Ever since it came out in a Taste of Home years ago it's been our star recipe for many Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners. Goes together quickly. You can substitute the white sugar for erythritol or Splenda with excellent results. Sometimes I'll add up to a full teaspoon of vanilla. This is just absolutely the best pecan pie. Love the subtle difference the maple syrup adds. You won't be disappointed. Be prepared to receive enormous praise and requests for the recipe!"
"we would make this again! My three year old thought it was the great. As a treat add a half cup of chocolate chips!!! YUM YUM"