For a quick breakfast or healthy munching, nothing hits the spot like crunchy granola. Good-for-you ingredients like oats, flaxseed and pecansplus brown sugar and maple syrupmake it a truly addictive treat.Serena DiRienzo, Auburn Hills, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 7 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, flax and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, syrup, water and oil.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated
- through. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 300° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 12 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.