Maple-Pecan Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. Trim off the skin of the ham and about 1/4 in. of fat. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Place the ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until reduced to 3/4 cup. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans, mustard, orange peel and allspice.
- 3. Baste ham with some of the glaze; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally with remaining glaze. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 15 servings.
4 ounces cooked ham: 252 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Pecan Glazed Ham
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer