Maple-Pecan Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm with syrup if desired or allow to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Maple-Pecan Corn Bread(2)
Sort By :
I actually didn't make this yet; a co-worker did at a pot luck of ours, and I had to have the recipe! I can't wait to make it for my family!
The addition of maple syrup and pecans in this corn bread make it so special! Being from the deep south I love corn bread and this one is a keeper. It's bakes up and comes out of the pan as a pretty loaf.