Maple Pecan Bars Recipe
Baking these bars fills me with warm memories of my Grandma Marie, who made a similar recipe. The pecan treats are popular at our office cookie exchange.—Amanda Spearing, Newton, Iowa
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Stir in the pecans, cream and vanilla. Remove from the heat; spread over crust.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 bar equals 180 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC