Maple Peanut Mix Recipe
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine syrup and butter. Stir in peanuts and pepper flakes if desired. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pretzels and cranberries. Spread mixture onto waxed paper; sprinkle with chips. Let stand until dry. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the mix up to a week in advance.
1/3 cup: 259 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.