Maple-Peach Glazed Ham
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He makes it regularly for his group of friends on the weekends because it's so good and easy. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 2 cups peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer
- reaches 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix preserves, syrup, orange juice
- and, if desired, chili pepper until blended. Remove 3/4 cup mixture
- for glaze.
- Remove ham from oven; brush with some of the glaze. Bake, uncovered,
- 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing
- occasionally with remaining glaze.
- Bring preserves mixture in saucepan to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring occasionally. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Serve ham with sauce. Yield: 16 servings (about 2 cups
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked ham with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 294 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium,