Maple-Peach Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 2 cups peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix preserves, syrup, orange juice and, if desired, chili pepper until blended. Remove 3/4 cup mixture for glaze.
- 3. Remove ham from oven; brush with some of the glaze. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
- 4. Bring preserves mixture in saucepan to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve as a sauce with ham. Yield: 16 servings (about 2 cups sauce).
4 ounces cooked ham with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 294 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 29 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer