This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He makes it regularly for his group of friends on the weekends because it's so good and easy. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 2 cups peach preserves or orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chili pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix preserves, syrup, orange juice and, if desired, chili pepper until blended. Remove 3/4 cup mixture for glaze.
- Remove ham from oven; brush with some of the glaze. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze.
- Bring preserves mixture in saucepan to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve as a sauce with ham. Yield: 16 servings (about 2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Maple-Peach Glazed Ham in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maple-Peach Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review