"Our family looks forward to tapping the maple trees in March and then enjoying the pure maple syrup year-round. This is just one of the recipes I like to make that has maple syrup as an ingredient," says Mary Colbath from Concord, New Hampshire. —Mary Colbath, Concord, New Hampshire
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Additional maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and syrup; stir into dry
- ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown (pancakes will be thin). Serve with additional syrup.
- Yield: 6 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 3 pancakes (calculated without additional syrup) equals 486 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 983 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.