- and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a
- measuring cup. Discard bay leaf and skim fat. Return to roasting
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually
- stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with pot roast and vegetables. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 3/4 cup vegetables and 2 tablespoons gravy equals 335 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.