In fall, my family loves to kick back after dinner and dig into big bowls of this spiced crisp. It isn't too sweet, but still satisfies a sweet tooth. —Noreen McCormick, Cromwell, Connecticut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 6 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place first nine ingredients in a food processor; pulse until crumbly. Grease an 8-in. square baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Peel, core and cut each pear lengthwise into eight wedges; toss with lemon juice. Place in prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, butter, orange peel and cinnamon; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over pears. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake until golden brown and pears are tender, 30-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Orange Pear Crisp in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Maple-Orange Pear Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review