Maple Oatmeal with Dried Fruit
This thick, hearty oatmeal from Carrie Sandblom of Concord, New Hampshire is the perfect chill-chaser on winter mornings. Curl up with a warm bowl of this comforting treat today.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in oats;
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the cranberries, raisins, syrup and
- Yield: 4 servings.