Maple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
No other food product is more closely tied to Vermont than maple syrup. So when I want to give someone a taste of my home state, I bring out a warm batch of these chewy cookies.—Cecile Branon, Fairfield, VT
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Maple Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC