"Maple syrup gives this soft, tender bread its delicate flavor and golden color," comments Kathy Marin of Methuen, Massachusetts. The pleasantly sweet slices taste terrific when toasted.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Maple Oatmeal Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p33
Reviews for Maple Oatmeal Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review