Maple Oat Batter Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (120°-130°)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional oats
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, oats and butter; cool to 110°-115°. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; add to oat mixture. Add the syrup, salt, egg, whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining all-purpose flour (batter will be thick). Do not knead.
- 2. Sprinkle additional oats into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spoon batter into dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 piece: 253 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Maple Oat Batter Bread
"I liked to bread it was very easy to make,but I used sugar free maple syrup an it didn't add any thing I could see. SO I will try it again with regular syrup."