Maple Oat Batter Bread Recipe
This moist, hearty bread has a terrific mix of grains and maple flavor. The recipe appeals to me because the dough requires no kneading and only one rising.
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (120°-130°)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional oats
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, oats and butter; cool to 110°-115°. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; add to oat mixture. Add the syrup, salt, egg, whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining all-purpose flour (batter will be thick). Do not knead.
- 2. Sprinkle additional oats into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Spoon batter into dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 253 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC