Maple-Nut Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Adding oats to the dough makes these sweet rolls a little more hearty. The gooey topping is finger-licking good! —Barbara Simonds, Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and yeast. In a saucepan, heat milk and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to the oat mixture; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 12 slices.
- 3. Sprinkle nuts into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining topping ingredients; pour over nuts. Place rolls over topping. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting rolls onto a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 456 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Nut Cinnamon Rolls
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2008
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC