To vary this delicious cheesecake, add cherries to the top, or swirl raspberry jam throughout before it’s baked. —Wendy Paffenroth, Pine Island, New York
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Melted chocolate, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the maple flavoring, extract and lemon peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. If desired, drizzle cheesecake with melted chocolate. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Nut Cheesecake in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews for Maple-Nut Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2013
"I haven't been able to taste it yet but the 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs was not enough, I ended up doing 1 1/2 cups with 6 Tbsp of butter. It smells good and I'm looking forward to trying it out."