- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine the frosting ingredients. With a
- portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating
- over low heat until frosting reaches 160°, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour into the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer. Beat on high until
- stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. Frost between layers and over top
- and sides of cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 357 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.