Maple Nut Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, mix bananas, sour cream, maple syrup and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. For streusel, in a small bowl, mix flour, sugars, butter and cinnamon until blended. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Maple Nut Banana Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Maple Nut Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review