Maple Nut Balls
I created these chocolate-dipped delights a few years ago, and already they've become a seasonal favorite with all my friends and family members. The creamy confection also won a blue ribbon at our state fair.
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and maple flavoring until light and
- fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in
- pecans. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2
- hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield:
- about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.