Maple Nut Balls Recipe
I created these chocolate-dipped delights a few years ago, and already they've become a seasonal favorite with all my friends and family members. The creamy confection also won a blue ribbon at our state fair.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and maple flavoring until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Maple Nut Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC