Maple-Nut Baked Apples
NOW THAT our children have all married, baked apples are a perfect dessert for the two of us. These are a delicious ending to any meal.
Using the microwave makes them so easy to prepare, even at the last minute.
-Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Core apples and peel the top two-thirds. Place in a 1-qt.
- microwave-safe dish. Combine walnuts, raisins and cinnamon; press
- into the center of each apple. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon maple
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender rotating
- a half turn twice.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the butter and remaining
- syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 15-25 seconds or until butter is
- melted. Pour over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: The apples may also be baked in a conventional oven in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 295 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium,