Maple-Nut Baked Apples Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Core apples and peel the top two-thirds. Place in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Combine walnuts, raisins and cinnamon; press into the center of each apple. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender rotating a half turn twice.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the butter and remaining syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 15-25 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: The apples may also be baked in a conventional oven in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
1 each: 295 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.