- 2 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Core apples and peel the top two-thirds. Place in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Combine walnuts, raisins and cinnamon; press into the center of each apple. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until tender rotating a half turn twice.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the butter and remaining syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 15-25 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over apples; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Nut Baked Apples in Reminisce Extra December 1999, p47
Reviews for Maple-Nut Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review