Maple Nut Bagel Spread Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bagels, split
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, syrup and cinnamon until smooth; stir in walnuts. Chill until serving. Serve with bagels. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 84 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Maple Nut Bagel Spread
"It was easy to make, and it was delicious."
"I substituted sugar free maple syrup and it was wonderful. It really dressed up whole wheat bagels. Loved it!"
"I found this to be awesome!!! I used fat free cream cheese and it was perfect. I like my walnuts a bit chunkier so I didn't finely chop them. This is wonderful on pumpkin bagels.......oh Yum"
"4 Stars! (No stars were available on the rating screen) This is a big hit with family and at work! I have substituted honey for maple syrup with success too."
"looks like a perfect dip for our fall Maine apples!"
"This is a good topper for bagels. Enjoyed it very much. A keeper for sure."
"Added 1 tablespoon of honey for a little more sweetness. Also toasted the walnuts, very tasty!"
"Fabulous with the pumpkin spice bagels!"
"Good. I made this with the pumpkin spice bagels. They went well together."