Maple Mousse Recipe
I love to make this dessert with maple syrup produced in our area. For a change from heavier cakes and pies, it’s a refreshing ending to a holiday meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 cup plus 6 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 3/4 cup syrup just until it simmers. Reduce heat to low. Stir a small amount of hot syrup into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Transfer to a large bowl; set bowl in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the syrup mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, drizzle with remaining syrup and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 441 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC