Maple Mocha Pops
"One is just not enough," my husband says of these creamy pops. They're a breeze to make, and kids love them, too. You might also freeze in pretty serving cups and top with whipped cream for a grownups' "frappaccino" presentation. —Caroline Sperry, Allentown, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 12 freezer pop molds or 12 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large bowl, whisk whipping cream, half-and-half, maple syrup,
- chocolate syrup and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- Fill molds or cups with 1/4 cup cream mixture. Top molds with
- holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through
- foil. Freeze until firm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 mocha pop equals 185 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.