Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte
This impressive-looking dessert is at the top of my list of speedy standbys. It's simple to make because it starts with a boxed brownie mix. Then the nutty brownie layers are dressed up with a fluffy frosting that has a rich creamy texture and irresistible maple taste. —Amy Flory, Cleveland, Georgia
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls or additional walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare batter for brownie mix according to
- package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour
- into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from the edge
- comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks
- form. Gradually beat in the brown sugar, maple flavoring and
- Spread 1-1/2 cups over one brownie layer; top with second layer.
- Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte. Garnish
- with chocolate curls or walnuts if desired. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.