- 1 package brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls or additional walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare batter for brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from the edge comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the brown sugar, maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups over one brownie layer; top with second layer. Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte. Garnish with chocolate curls or walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte
"It was amazing! Has anyone tried using Half & Half instead of heavy cream, in order to cut down on the fat & the calories? How did that work out?"
"Wow....there's always a big complainer. Kaidenlol100 probably doesn't like coffee and should therefore stay away from coffee recipes. This recipe is quick and easy to make and is delicious. I will make it again! I have shared the recipes on with other actually, and they will enjoy this torte as well!"
"This cake is fully of flavor never had this before very very tasty it was gone in two days making another now in using black walnuts"
"Simply delicious !!!!!!!!"