Craving something sweet with a little bit of heat? Try these creamy, sweet, hot and savory treats. One bite, and you won’t be able to stop! —Nicole Larson, American Fork, Utah
50 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 25 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside. In a
- small bowl, beat the cream cheese, feta cheese and syrup until
- smooth. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top with
- bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
- for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild.
- Yield: 50 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer