Maple Jalapenos Recipe
- 25 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, feta cheese and syrup until smooth. Spoon into pepper halves.
- 2. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top with bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 50 appetizers.
1 stuffed jalapeno half: 61 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Maple Jalapenos
"Made these for a football party and they were awesome!"
"Making for New Years bash"
"Loved these. Perfect game day food."
"We loved the maple jalapenos. The first time we ate this we stuck to all of the original ingredients. For us this was too sweet. We made this recipe again. We cut the maple syrup in half and totally eliminated the brown sugar. Loved it even more. This is a must try recipe for anyone who has ever tried any kind of stuffed jalapeno recipe or thinks they like jalapenos."
"we enjoy this, though we thought it was a bit too sweet. we are going to try this again."
"Sweet, savory and spicy! My family loved them, especially my 17 year old son!"
"This is one of the appetizers I served last night to guests for an annual holiday get together. They were awesome! Everyone loved them and they were quickly gobbled up! I used about 15 jalapenos and made the filling as directed, so I suggest making extra filling. I'm not a big fan of maple syrup but the sweetness was perfect with the spiciness of the jalapeno.Can't wait to make them again!"