Craving something sweet with a little bit of heat? Try these creamy, sweet, hot and savory treats. One bite, and you won’t be able to stop! —Nicole Larson, American Fork, Utah
- 25 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, feta cheese and syrup until smooth. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Top with bacon and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 50 appetizers.
Originally published as Maple Jalapenos in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p89
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maple Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review