Maple Hot Chocolate
When I first developed this version of hot chocolate, my husband was quite skeptical. But after one taste, his doubts were erased. It really hits the spot on a chilly morning, especially when served with cinnamon rolls or doughnuts. —Darlene Miller, Linn, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 large marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in hot water
- and butter; bring to a boil. Add the milk, maple flavoring, vanilla
- and 8 marshmallows. Heat through, stirring occasionally, until
- marshmallows are melted. Ladle into mugs and top each with a
- marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.