Maple Horseradish Beets for Two
Even folks who say they don’t like beets will think this simple treatment is a winner. An easy glaze gives them great taste…and a little zip.
—Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh beets
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Peel beets and cut into wedges. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Bake at 400° for
- 40-50 minutes or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the syrup, horseradish,
- vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Carefully stir in beets;
- cook for 5-6 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened, gently
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.