Maple Horseradish Beets Recipe
Even folks who say they don’t like beets will think this simple treatment is a winner. An easy glaze gives them great taste…and a little zip. —Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh beets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel beets and cut into wedges. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until beets are tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the syrup, horseradish, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Carefully stir in beets; cook for 5-6 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened, gently stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Horseradish Beets in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p103
Reviews for Maple Horseradish Beets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >