Maple Honey Cheesecake Recipe
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325°; for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cornstarch, honey, syrup and salt, beating just until combined. Add egg whites; beat on low speed just until blended (batter will be very thick).
- 3. Spoon half of the batter over crust; smooth top. Toss 1/4 cup hazelnuts with cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Spoon remaining batter over nuts; smooth top. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 295 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat-free milk, 2 fat
Reviews for Maple Honey Cheesecake
"I haven't made too many cheesecakes, but this is definitely the best one I've ever made. Good texture, wonderful flavor. I substituted sliced almonds for the hazelnuts since I didn't have any on hand. Also made my crust with gingersnaps. I made it for my mother-in-law's 80th birthday and the whole family loved it."
"Is that right you have 4 packages of cream cheese? Just wondering because it was not put all together."