Maple Ham Steak
The family dairy farm has also been a producer of maple syrup. This is a very simple, but delicious, ham steak idea.—Jean Tayntor, Eaton, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (about 2 pounds and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- Grill ham, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each
- side or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting frequently
- with 1/4 cup syrup. Warm remaining syrup to serve with ham. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 368 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 2,035 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein.