Back when my husband and I owned a dairy farm, we also produced maple syrup and used it often in baking and cooking. This recipe splendidly stars that sweet confection.
- 1 egg or egg substitute equivalent
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Dash ground cloves
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) peach halves, well drained
- In a medium bowl, beat egg. Add ham, crumbs, syrup and cloves; mix well. Shape into 12 balls. Place peaches, hollow side up, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Nest a ham ball in each peach. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Ham Peaches in Country Pork 1996, p19
Reviews for Maple Ham Peaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review