Maple-Granola Trail Mix
From Landrum, South Carolina, Malone Davidson writes, "This crunchy mix is wonderful any time of day. It's great sprinkled over yogurt at breakfast or packed into a lunch box."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup each dried cranberries, chopped dried apples and chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oil, syrup, almonds, vanilla and
- cinnamon. Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 325° for 10-15 minutes. Stir; bake 20 minutes longer or until
- golden brown. Cool completely.
- Add the dried fruit and chips; toss to combine. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 314 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.