From Landrum, South Carolina, Malone Davidson writes, "This crunchy mix is wonderful any time of day. It's great sprinkled over yogurt at breakfast or packed into a lunch box."
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup each dried cranberries, chopped dried apples and chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oil, syrup, almonds, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes. Stir; bake 20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Add the dried fruit and chips; toss to combine. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 6 cups.
Originally published as Maple-Granola Trail Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p53
Reviews for Maple-Granola Trail Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review