Maple Glazed Vermont Turkey Loaf
The maple glaze on this turkey loaf makes it deliciously different from other meatloaves. I can easily double it for company, or bake an extra loaf and freeze it for a hectic night.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion,
- mushrooms and carrot until tender; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, bread crumbs, salt and
- pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and mustard; pour half over the turkey
- loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads
- 165° and juices run clear. Serve with remaining syrup mixture.
- Yield: 4 servings.