Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Since I'm originally from New England, this was a regular side dish in our home. Now that I live in the West, I've introduced it to all my friends, and they love it! It goes especially well with a holiday turkey dinner.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1-3/4 to 2 pounds apples, peeled
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut sweet potatoes and apples into 1/4-in. slices. Layer in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a saucepan, bring syrup, cider,
- butter and salt to a boil. Pour over potatoes and apples. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more or
- until tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.