Maple Glazed Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 242 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Maple Glazed Squash
"Very good! I peeled the squash and cut it into small chunks and then mixed everything together and baked it."
"Excellent recipe, leftovers are good too. The only thing I will do different next time is to line the pan with foil since it took so long to clean."