Maple Glazed Squash
"Squash gets a pleasant sweet and spicy flavor from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe," says field editor Betty Sitzman of Wray, Colorado.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut squash into 1-in. rings and remove seeds. Place squash in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining the ingredients; pour over squash.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield:
- 6 servings.