Maple Glazed Squash Recipe
"Squash gets a pleasant sweet and spicy flavor from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe," says field editor Betty Sitzman of Wray, Colorado.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 medium acorn squash
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut squash into 1-in. rings and remove seeds. Place squash in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine remaining the ingredients; pour over squash. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC