Maple Glazed Squash Recipe
Squash gets pleasantly sweet and spicy flavors from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe. —Betty Kay Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 242 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC