Maple Glazed Squash Recipe
"Squash gets a pleasant sweet and spicy flavor from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe," says field editor Betty Sitzman of Wray, Colorado.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash crosswise into 1-in. rings and remove seeds. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC