Maple-Glazed Squash and Parsnips Recipe
I can remember my mom making this family-favorite dish for special occasions. But because it requires so few ingredients and comes together quickly, you'll likely make it for everyday dinners, too.Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1-1/2 pounds medium parsnips, peeled, quartered and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1-1/4 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Wash squash. Cut in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Cut squash halves widthwise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place in a large skillet with parsnips; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and butter; pour over squash and parsnips. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove squash and arrange in a circle on a serving plate. Spoon parsnips into center; drizzle with cooking juices. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Squash and Parsnips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p194
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Squash and Parsnips(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review