"Squash gets a pleasant sweet and spicy flavor from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe," says field editor Betty Sitzman of Wray, Colorado.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Glazed Squash in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p57
Reviews for Maple Glazed Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2010
"Excellent recipe, leftovers are good too. The only thing I will do different next time is to line the pan with foil since it took so long to clean."