I love maple syrup and so does my family, so I gave this recipe a try. It's well worth the effort! I make these ribs often, and I never have leftovers. With two teenage boys who like to eat, this main dish is a real winner.Linda Kobeluck, Ardrossan, Alberta
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place ribs, meaty side up, on a rack in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for
- 1-1/4 hours or until tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the next nine ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes, brushing
- occasionally with glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.