Maple-Glazed Snack Mix Recipe
“I haven’t met a kid yet that doesn’t love this mix! My three children especially enjoy it for snacks during the school year.” Cynthia Norris — Winnetka, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Honey-Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels and pecans.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe dish, combine maple syrup and butter. Cover and microwave on high 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC