- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Honey-Nut Cheerios
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine cereals, pretzels and pecans.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine maple syrup and butter. Cover and microwave on high 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Snack Mix
"A decent snack mix. I realize this was published in healthy Cooking so it is supposed to be a healthier option than snack mixes loaded with butter & other such things (which would likely please my palate more) but still worth 4 stars.- Theresa"
"I made two batches of this recipe. One as written, the second with double the maple syrup. The original was very good. The second needs extra baking time to crisp but would appeal to those with a very sweet tooth."
"Best chex mix ever."
"A good snack added tbs cinamon. Cooked 7 min in microwave stirring offten. Spread on wax paper to dry..."
"We have made this three times and add various types of cereal and goldfish crackers. I thought there was too much liquid and added several more cups of cereal the subsequent times I made it. Interesting that someone else commented they double the syrup, so you may need to adjust this recipe to suit your sweet thooth! We love the Cheerios (something I would not normally put in a snack mix like this), my four-year-old son suggested that we always have them with maple syrup!!"
"This was big hit with my family..we had to double the recipe for super-bowl sunday....I also added cinnamom toast crunch cereal..Pat Siegfried,Bensalem,Pa."
"This was very good! I will make double the sauce next time though!"