It's a breeze to simmer up this cinnamony syrup that nicely coats a skillet full of breakfast sausages. "I often serve them to guests along with French toast and fruit compote," shares Trudie Hagen of Roggen, Colorado.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (6.4 ounces each) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown sausage links. In a small bowl, combine the
- syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon; pour over sausages. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sausages are glazed.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 sausages equals 247 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.