Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl; add oil. Set remaining glaze aside.
- 2. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; place skin side down on grill rack. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with maple-oil mixture. Drizzle with reserved glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 266 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Maple Glazed Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.