Maple Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl; add oil. Set remaining glaze aside.
- 2. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; place skin side down on grill rack. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with maple-oil mixture. Drizzle with reserved glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 266 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Maple Glazed Salmon
"This is the only way I love salmon anymore. I was spoiled by Gaucho grill in California that serves their salmon with a sweet glaze. LOL : )"
"Absolutely outstanding. Super easy to make. The glaze is thinner than we expected but any thicker would have been too sweet. We used grapefruit juice... Just remember fish should only cook to internal temperature of 140 degrees."
"This was delicious! I didn't have any grapefruit juice on hand, so I substituted orange juice as other reviewers did. Really good, will make again!"
"My whole family loved this! We have medical restrictions on grapfruit, so I substituted orange juice and it was SO good! My 4 and 6 year old LOVED it!"
"My family and company love this recipe."
"My favorite salmon recipe is super easy. I mix equal parts balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and maple syrup in a resealable bag and add salmon filets to marinate for about 10 minutes. Then grill or broil until flaky. Super simple and tastes great. "
"YUCK! Boring and flavorless!"
"My husband and I both loved this recipe--will definitely make again."
"This recipe sounds great but, what else can i use in place of the grapefruit juice ? i can not have it cause of the medicine i take for cholesterol"
"I used extra maple syrup and it tasted great. Will make again. Carol"
"My husband and I made this for dinner and we LOVED it...I will def be making this again."
"Sauce is very tart! Not much maple flavor at all. Not sure if I will make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.