- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl; add oil. Set remaining glaze aside.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; place skin side down on grill rack. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with maple-oil mixture. Drizzle with reserved glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Maple Glazed Salmon
Sort By :
"This was delicious! I didn't have any grapefruit juice on hand, so I substituted orange juice as other reviewers did. Really good, will make again!"
"My whole family loved this! We have medical restrictions on grapfruit, so I substituted orange juice and it was SO good! My 4 and 6 year old LOVED it!"
"My family and company love this recipe."
"My favorite salmon recipe is super easy. I mix equal parts balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and maple syrup in a resealable bag and add salmon filets to marinate for about 10 minutes. Then grill or broil until flaky. Super simple and tastes great. "
"YUCK! Boring and flavorless!"